Future City 2018
Watch some videos about Future City
Discuss Form to be returned - behavior and expectations
What is Engineering?
Agenda Day 2
1. Read The Age Friendly City Overview and Research Questions
What is a senior citizen?
Do all senior citizens have the same needs?
What are some challenges that an older person may have?
5. Watch the 8 80 City
6. Plan out your research with your teams.
Create a word document and share it with everyone on your team (and me too!)
Research Resources. http://birchlandgt.weebly.com/ (Click Future City Tab)
Agenda Day 3
1. Sample Zoning Map (online)
2. Zoning Activity
3. Student Zoning Maps
4. Planning your cities/Questions to consider
Goals for Overall City
Simcity Sample Slideshow
Future City 2017
We will meet every Wednesday after school until 3:15
Everyone should sign in every week.
Today we will:
1. Watch a short video about Future City
2. Talk about Future City
3. Talk about teamwork
4. Watch a short video about the elderly
Transforming Streets TedTalk
Greening the Ghetto
Landscape Architecture Park Transformation
Costa Rica's Eco Boom
Costa Rica's Last Green Mile
Green School Dream
Future City Model Tutorial
Future City Presentation Tutorial
- Deliverables and Points
- The Essay: Rubrics are in the program guide
- Project Plan
Assign jobs (Here are some possibilities):
Virtual City People
Landscape Architect/Public Space Expert
Environmental Engineer (Expert on green energy and trash/recycling)
1. Virtual City Sample Slideshow (on my computer desktop: Future City 2017)
2. Birchland 2016 2017 Virtual City Slideshow Template (I can share this with you to copy and edit.)
3. What is Engineering? NSF
4. What is Engineering?
5. Work on virtual city, essay and model planning (We end at 3:15)
Model Moving Part Video
Matchbox cars are primarily classified as 1:64 scale (though they range from smaller to much larger than 1:64)
How tall is an average adult?
How tall would an average person be, if they are going to be the same scale as our matchbox car?
Link To Ms. Collins' Scale Model Spreadsheet
The Engineering Process
How to do good research
- vary the sources, reputable sources (how to do you know?)
- look up new and upcoming technologies because sometimes you can get carried away and it can be implausible
- using the Future City website/program guide to find out what your responsibilities are.
Future City Competition Slideshow 2016